Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Australia Pavilion Seville Expo 92 Tie

As I was going through my things for the Sandlewood Op Shop I came across a tie which was gifted to me ages ago by an Australia Pavilion Seville Expo 92 staffer, a Maroochydore boy, Pavilion Attendant Francois Levy - the official Australia Pavilion tie.

This is one of my favourite Expo souvenirs, and highly prized, as staff uniform items are very hard to get to!

The tie is in deep navy, and features the Pavilion logo, which later became the Australian Government Department of Tourism logo, with Australia Expo 92 Seville written in navy letters under the logo.

Also featured woven into the tie is the famous northern Queensland Ulysses butterfly, which featured in the Pavilion's sky-lit internal atrium, replete with rainbow lorikeets and several metre high palm trees.

Click twice to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment