Monday, April 18, 2011

Australian Government response re: An Australian Exposition for 2020

Dear Readers:

You may know of my correspondence to my local Federal member of Parliament, the Honourable Mr Graham Perrett MP, late last year with regards to the proposal that Australia host a Universal Exposition or International Garden Exposition for the 1770-2020 250th Anniversary of Captain Cook claiming Australia for the Great British Crown.

Some time later, I received a response from Mr Perrett informing me that this correspondence had been forwarded to the Prime Minister's Department for her comment.

Today I have received a letter from the Minister for Foreign Affairs, the Honourable Mr Kevin Rudd MP, (our former Prime Minister), advising that the letter has been forwarded to his Department as Foreign Affairs looks after Australia at World Expositions.

I include a copy of the letter received from Mr Rudd here:


Double-click to enlarge.

I think this response is an important milestone in getting a worthy international celebration for Australia for 2020 - and I trust that Minister Rudd, given his stature, will give this matter his full and considered thought.

With thanks to Mr Perrett for his representation.


No comments:

Post a Comment